Friday 15 February 2013

Picmonkey

I have been using the website Picmonkey.com to edit my images before I edit them on Photoshop, this is because I want to edit the colours and then use the image that I changed the colours of for the base of my front cover. This will make it easier to edit, also, I am more aware of how to use that website to change the colours of the picture than I am of Photoshop.

 
This is the original image that I used before I edited it.
First, I cropped the image to the size that I wanted.

 
Then I used the 'Exposure' tool to change the brightness, shadows, contrast and highlights on the image so that the white sheets in the background were easier to fade without it looking messy and like I had just drawn around the main image with a paintbrush.


Then because I still could see the faint marks of the sheets in the background, I used the drawing tool to neaten up the outside of the image. This makes it look like the background is all white originally and it looks cleaner and nice, ready for when I put it on my double page spread.

No comments:

Post a Comment