Tuesday 15 January 2013

Contacting An Artist

The artist that I chose to contact is called Katie Sutherland. The genre of music that she plays is Indie/Folk/Acoustic/Pop and so I thought that she would be a great artist to photograph and interview for my magazine. She used to play music under the name 'Pearl and the Puppets' but she has now changed it to Katie Sutherland.

The message that I sent to her said:

Hello Katie,
I am currently doing my media A-level and as part of our coursework, we have to make a magazine which features an artist. I am a huge fan of your music and I was wondering if I could carry out an interview with you and also take some photographs for the front cover, contents page and double page spread. The genre that I have chosen for my magazine is Folk/Indie and you are perfect for that category. This is a link to my blog which is on the journey of my magazine coursework www.rubyparkerasmedia.blogspot.co.uk The coursework is worth 50% of my overall grade and so I would be extremely grateful if the interview could take place.
The interview (if it does happen) will happen in my school which is in London and would hopefully be on the 28th of January. I am sorry that this is very short notice but I hope that you can come.
Thank you very much,
Ruby Parker-Harbord x
 
(Then I put the address of the school)


 
I contacted her through her website http://www.katiesutherland.co.uk/
 
 
Today I got a reply back informing me that she would try her best to help me so she had sent my original message to her manager to see if the date would suit her.
This is the reply.
 
 
So fingers crossed that she can come ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment