Monday 28 January 2013

Contents Page Flat Plan 2 : New and Improved

Contents Page 2:



I have a much larger photograph on the contents page to make it more appealing. It is also of the cover story which shows where the actual article is, this is what the reader was most probably drawn in by when they saw the front cover. That means that they will most probably want to see where that particular article is.
I made the title change colour when it hits her hair in the image as it is the same colour; this makes it seem interesting as that way of writing the title is never used. I asked my friend if they could actually read it and they said yes so no worries there.
I also wrote the page number in quite large letters. I like this; it shows the reader what they are looking for. That is not the only image though; I have 4 others with subtext to tell them which article the image is from, it also matches with the contents list. I made sure that the list is big enough to read as my focus group said that it was too small.
The colour scheme of the contents page matches with the cover and the double page spread so the reader will know that it is the same magazine.
I tried to make the contents professional rather than childish and so I asked one of the people from the focus group about if in comparison, the contents page is not childish like the one that they were looking at in the video. She said that it was a much nicer layout and it didn't look at all childish so that is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment